Incredible movie collectibles, movie props, photos and even their HAIR - James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis plus hundreds more
LIVE MOVIE PROPS AUCTION - LONG LOST ORIGINAL JAMES DEAN PHOTOS, PHOTOGRAPHIC NEGATIVES AND ALL RIGHTS! PLUS 1000 MOVIE PROPS AND MOVIE COSTUMES FROM FILM AND TV
ON SALE FOR ONLY 2 DAYS : SATURDAY, MARCH 22 AND SUNDAY, MARCH 23
34 uncovered photos of James Dean with original negatives and all reproduction rights granted!
Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23 at their headquarters in El Segundo, CA.
Preview from 9-11am PT with the live auction beginning at 11am PT.
These one-of-a-kind unique photographs were taken by Gus Vignolle, journalist and photographer for Sports Illustrated. Vignolle covered Dean while he raced in a new Porsche Speedster for the first time in Palm Springs on March 26 & 27, 1955. He also published Moto-Racing, a new sports car newspaper in October 1955, which included some of these photographs in a four part series.
The negatives have been missing for over 50 years and Vignolle's daughter Zaz Vignolle Clark recently uncovered them after sorting through her father's articles and photographs. Vignolle met Dean personally at his first race on March 26 and then only raced two more times before his fatal accident in his new 550 Porsche Spyder on his way to a race in Salinas, California. There is also a personal birthday card from James Dean to Vignolle Clark signed by Dean with additional signatures from his racing organization. For classic movie collectors, this is an unbelievable, once in a lifetime find. A collection like this is the treasure for all time. This is your only chance at an eternal collection. Get it all next week.
* James Dean is a true American icon, said Dan Levin, Vice President of Premiere Props. We are thrilled to be able to offer fans the chance to own these rare photographs, as they truly are a find.
In addition to the photographs, there will be over 1000 movie and television props, costumes and rare classic posters auctioned including:
* GONE WITH THE WIND curtains that adorned the windows and doorways in Tara, and then some were subsequently used by Scarlett (Vivien Leigh) to create her famous Curtain Dress.
* Ingrid Bermans Custom Dress From and Stand from Selznick Studios - multi-Oscar winning legend Ingrid Berman's personal dress form used at the Selznick's Studios during the 1940's, when David O. Selznick put her under contract.
* CLEOPATRA - Roman Army Shield
* PLANET OF THE APES - John Chambers/Zoyd Luce Gorilla Horse Soldier Head
* STARGATE SG-1 - Complete Kull Warrior Armor Costume
OK, NOW STOP AND THINK -- WHAT IS EVEN BETTER THAN A SCREEN USED, OR EVEN SCREEN WORN COSTUME/MOVIE PROP? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO OWN ACTUAL HAIR FROM MARILYN MONROE, JAMES DEAN OR ELVIS? WELL, WE HAVE IT, AND YOU CAN CAN OWN IT! BID NOW! CLONE LATER : >
* Strands of James Dean's Hair obtained by Gordon Bau, the make-up supervisor on GIANT
* Strands of Elvis Presley's Hair obtained by Presley's hair stylist and barber, Homer M. Gilleland
* Strands of Marilyn Monroe's Hair collected by the legendary make-up artists Sydney Guilaroff on the set of the ill-fated unfinished feature SOMETHING'S GO TO GIVE
* 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY - Stanley Kubrick signed poster
* A CLOCKWORK ORANGE - Stanley Kubrick and Malcolm McDowell signed poster
Collectors can place proxy bids until the Hollywood Extravaganza Auction goes LIVE at 11am PT on Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23.
Fans can starting bidding now, placing bids online at http://www.premiereprops.com/live_auctions_pre.php#AdUp-Rbnr